Galvalum Roofing As A Ceiling? - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Galvalum roofing as a ceiling?

Hello all, Im wondering if anyone has ever used metal roofing sheets for a ceiling and soffit. Im adding a framed in patio cover and wonder if this is practical? Wanted the look of the tin as it fits my wifes decor? And if so, would the ceiling need to be insulated? The roofing is asphalt shingles?

Advertisement

outanup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:43 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by outanup View Post
Hello all, Im wondering if anyone has ever used metal roofing sheets for a ceiling and soffit. Im adding a framed in patio cover and wonder if this is practical? Wanted the look of the tin as it fits my wifes decor? And if so, would the ceiling need to be insulated? The roofing is asphalt shingles?
Well my commercial shop has a metal Ceiling. I do know that we used a tin ceiling on an interior on a site already.. The only problem I see here is if that outside tin ceiling developed condensation to rust out later. Other then that tin would be fine if water doesn't attack it. i make sure you have cross ventilation so the tin can not build up condensation on the back side. As far ad insulation that could stop the tin from heating up and cooling down but again Cross ventilation is the key here..

Advertisement

21boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Thanks for the tip, are you talking about soffit vents? Or maybe a ridge vent? any input will be appreciated......
outanup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
RFN-4A-LVN

Rewards Points: 500

Did you know that some soffit panels can be used as siding ? I have seen the galv ceilings and IMO they are pretty neat.
Roofmaster417 is offline   Reply With Quote