Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #1

Share |

gable roof on ranch house

Hello. This weekend I am playing on putting a gable roof on the front of my one level ranch house. I have a few questions before I attempt this... The front of my house over the door currently has an awning with rod iron post and a flag stone cement floor. The floor is about 6 inches thick... In terrible condition.

For the porch I was thinking of replace with concrete blocks and then fill with cement and put pavers or flag stone over it.... Or do all wood. What would you recommend?

For the gable roof how to I calculate the angle to cut to the width that would lay on the top of the roof? Would you recommend cutting the shingles or to lay the 2x4 on the current shingles?

Mt ranch is brick... I plan on putting stucco or stone over the brick that will be under the new roof. The support post I would like them to go into the ground and incase them with stone about 3feet from the ground.

ryanb4614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:35 AM   #2

gable roof on ranch house

Similar to this but stone or stucco would be just on what's covered by the roof.
Attached Images

ryanb4614 is offline   Reply With Quote