Framing Interior Wall - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-30-2007, 06:11 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Framing Interior Wall

Hi everyone,

I am going to be renting office space and we will need to put up a couple of walls to divide the offices. I'm trying to make a budget, but I'm not sure what all will go into doing this. I know we will need the wood to frame out the wall, some economy insulation, and drywall, and then the tape and mud, and of course paint. But how time consuming is this going to be, and about how much do you think it would cost to do this? I'm assuming the ceilings are standard 8 foot ceilings, and there will be probably 3 walls total for us to build. Thanks!

~Andrea

Advertisement

andrea3821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:17 PM   #2
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

Rewards Points: 2,000

Framing Interior Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Hi everyone,
I am going to be renting office space and we will need to put up a couple of walls to divide the offices. I'm trying to make a budget, but I'm not sure what all will go into doing this. I know we will need the wood to frame out the wall, some economy insulation, and drywall, and then the tape and mud, and of course paint. But how time consuming is this going to be, and about how much do you think it would cost to do this? I'm assuming the ceilings are standard 8 foot ceilings, and there will be probably 3 walls total for us to build. Thanks!
~Andrea
Easy job.
The only issue is if you put up these walls, will the people in each seperated area have access to: Telephone lines, power resceptacles, Data lines, etc?
You should consider using steel framing for this job.
How long are the walls?

If we assume that the walls are 12' in length, then you are talking about spending in the ballpark of: $500.00 +/-

Advertisement

Old 05-30-2007, 06:23 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Framing Interior Wall

Thanks for responding so quickly!

I'm not really sure how long the walls will be since we haven't decided which space we will rent yet. We need to divide the office into a reception area and two offices, but the total area of the office will be under 500 sf, if we decide to go for an office with more than that, we'll need more ppl and therefore more offices.

What benefit would steel framing have vs. wood? We probably will only be in this space for 2 years, so we don't want to spend too much.
andrea3821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:28 PM   #4
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

Rewards Points: 2,000

Framing Interior Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
What benefit would steel framing have vs. wood?
Less cost & much easier to install (less weight, cutting is easier -use aviation snips, screwed together rather than nailed)