Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-22-2009, 10:30 AM   #1
waveblasternutcase

Share |

Foundation Issues

I have 4 posts in my crawlspace that are rotting at the pier block end. A friend told me about adjustable posts that would sit on the blocks. I am wondering if anybody has had experience with this item and what they think about them....

Thanks

WBNC

WBNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:10 PM   #2
Civil Engineer

Foundation Issues

There are many different types of adjustable posts manufactured. Some are for temporary use only, others are suitable for permanent support. If you specify the make and model of the posts you are thinking of using, the load you anticipate they will have to carry, and the condition of the foundation under the post, perhaps we can offer some opinions as to the suitability of the post you are considering for the application.

Daniel Holzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:51 PM   #3
waveblasternutcase

Foundation Issues

I was not aware that there were different models of these posts. to be honest, I had planned to go to my local hardware store, explain what I was using them for and then make a purchase based on what they suggested.
WBNC is offline   Reply With Quote