Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Foam board over basement walls?

Have a contact who is renovating a warehouse and they are pulling out 4'x8'x3" foam insulation panels. Eventually I plan to finish my basement, which is poured concrete, built in 2003, waterproofing-sprayed exterior, and drylok-ed interior.

What do you think about lining the walls with these panels before building it out? Glue them to the walls? Would they be very effective to hold more heat? My biggest concern is moisture down the road. Is it a valid concern? Just need help thinking through this one!!!

Thanks all

moneymgmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #2

So far the biggest problem I foresee is attaching my framing (or anything) to the concrete through a 3" surface. Although I suppose I could attach the walls to floor and ceiling joists and not attach horizontally to the foundation.

Good, bad, or otherwise?

moneymgmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymgmt View Post
So far the biggest problem I foresee is attaching my framing (or anything) to the concrete through a 3" surface. Although I suppose I could attach the walls to floor and ceiling joists and not attach horizontally to the foundation.

Good, bad, or otherwise?
Yeah just fasten the walls to the joists and floor. No need to fasten to the wall. It seems using styro on the walls is the latest thing. I really like the idea of spray foaming but its quite expensive. I'll let others chime in regarding any pros and cons.
psilva8 is offline   Reply With Quote