DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

floor foundation for a metal shed

11K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  forever0082 
#1 ·
we built our shed itself and we put a wood foundation (found out its not the right kind it already is green in color we think its either mold or algae ) and it took us so long and so hard to put this shed up ourselves ,we want to remove the shed as it is and place it in back and fix the floor under it but dont know what to use or do ,if anyone got any ideas plz share and is it better to get wood again or concrete or cement or anything of the sort is better to use .
ps our shed is built already and in place its just the floor thats not in good shape anymore is there any easy way we can fix it

#4 ·
we r located in new york , the floor was there b4 we even moved in all we did b4 we put up the new shed is added more wood on top to make sure its sturdy .
so its abt 2 or 3 feet deep and to hold everything in there is bricks all around the side inside the square its all mixed of stuff from rocks and other stuff i dont know what so we just put wood and nailed it to the stiff inside and put wood boards on top of it then we built our new shed on top its seemed fine even though when it rained and all ,but after a week we noticed the green stuff growing on it ,and all we think of is to remove the bottom nails somehow and carry the shed back and replace the floor ,but we dont know if its the best way or not and if it is whats the best flooring to use ,more wood or concrete or metal or what ,i dont have pics of the floor and all but can take some if its needed to see ,also im posting the finished pic of the shed itself ,also the shed we bought is the arrow shed metal kind ...

Attachments

#3 · (Edited)
go to the apron store & buy a book,,, you need pictures :laughing: to me, your level of building knowledge will require too much band width,,, the book will also have suggested materials.

this isn't personal, condescending, nor derogatory,,, happens to me all the time,,, i'll sit thru something & the presenter'll say ' any questions ? ',,, hell, i usually don't even KNOW enough about the subject to ask anything - good luck !

#5 ·
Putting a shed on a wood deck or floor that is bigger usually runs into problems with water remaining on the wood for long periods of time.

A problem you may run into when trying to renew or replace the floor is warping or deforming of the shed body during the brief time it is not supported by the floor.

#6 ·
Putting a shed on a wood deck or floor that is bigger usually runs into problems with water remaining on the wood for long periods of time.

A problem you may run into when trying to renew or replace the floor is warping or deforming of the shed body during the brief time it is not supported by the floor.
so ur saying us moving the shed might cause it to shift or us not able to put it back into place ... it has a metal ring (square) inside the shed that we put it so it wont shift from place to place ,do u think this wont help ,also the bottom floor being bigger then the shed like u said might even cause more problems ,any suggestions on what to do and if u know give me details if u plz ,we like to do it urself jobs it costs less even though its a headache ,we wont be able to affors someone to come out and do the floor for us .thank you again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.