Finishing Basement In Stages - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Finishing basement in stages

Hi!

We've lived in our 3 bedroom home for about a year now (MD), and have one more child on the way (already have twins). My wife and I are looking to finish our basement of <1000 sqft. We were looking at having a contractor frame up the walls,doors for the mechanical room,window(egress), then run the wiring. My friends and I will finish it up with the drywall,trim,paint,etc. Is this process even practical? The one contractor I spoke with said the permits expire in 6 months and hes seemed hesitant to just want to frame and wire up. With another little one on the way, I am trying to be as frugal as possible, while making sure I am within the legal limits of building permits. Thanks for your input.

V/R
Chris

Advertisement

untilcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 3,514

Finishing basement in stages

You would need to check with your town about the permits. But some towns have permit renewals for extension time.

Advertisement