DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Building & Construction (
-   -   Filling crack between slab and block wall (

BlueBSH 07-25-2011 08:49 AM

Filling crack between slab and block wall
well like most concrete, when the slab curred, it pulled from the wall a little.. The gap depending on the wall face ranged from 1/32" to 1/4" in width... each wall face the gap was the same size along its length.. what can I use to fill these? sometimes water seeps up through it when the sump pumps can't run fast enough (during very heavy rains) the land here is like a swimming pool, it just pools on the clay base... already have 2 sumps working with a 3rd backup pump, so not much more I can do about that, just want to get the cracks filled.. not sure what to use

BlueBSH 07-26-2011 07:44 AM

no one?

AGWhitehouse 07-26-2011 10:50 AM

You can use a caulk-like material made for concrete. Regular caulk won't work. The box stores may or may not have it.

Sounds like you want to do this to stop water. This caulking won't stop it.

AGWhitehouse 07-26-2011 10:52 AM


Originally Posted by BlueBSH (Post 693823)
no one?

Remember you're in an internet chat room. Expecting a 1 day turn around and then complaining when it isn't is the sign of ... well, I think you know where I'm going...

mikegp 07-26-2011 09:40 PM

You can fill the large parts of the gap with great stuff spray foam. Polyurethane caulk all the way around afterward. Home Depot has great stuff, but you have to order the poly caulk online, they have it on their site. You may need to scrape or cut some foam out of the crack before caulking over it. Get some mineral spirits also, poly caulk isn't fun to work with.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.