Fill Hole In Foundation Wall After Gas Line Was Removed - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-03-2010, 08:43 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Fill hole in foundation wall after Gas line was removed

My gas line runs through the foundation wall about 3 feet below grade and the gas meter is inside the house in the basement. I am having the gas meter relocated to the outside of the house. The gas line will no longer run through the wall. The utility will be moving the line and reconnecting it.
I wanted to know how to then fill in the hole in the foundation wall and make it waterproof? I don't know if the util company will be 'filling' the hole or not.

I was thinking of some hydro cement to fill the hole and roofing tar on the outside foundation wall or maybe some sort of epoxy coating.

Thanks

Advertisement

ctbfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #2
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,502

Hydro Cement is the only way to do it. Do not use roofing tar for the waterproofer. They make waterproofer in caulking tubes that you can get at the local hardware store.

Advertisement

gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:16 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

So fill the hole with the cement and on the ouside (and inside?) wall coat it/them with the waterproof caulk to make a thin membrane on the walls?
ctbfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas line wall fill hole