DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Fastner Help!

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Taipans 
#1 ·
I have never bought nails for a pnuematic nailer before. I stopped into lowes today to pick up more lumber and looked while I was there. I did not see any box list my particular nailer as compatible. I have a Porter Cable FR350 round head nailer. Which type / brand and size do you guys reccomend for framing? I was thinking 3" is that to long?

Thank you!:)

#5 ·
T,

Some cautionary tips when using that PC gun (and any pnuematic gun):

Keep your finger off the trigger, until you are going to fire it.

Make sure that there is no one, on the other side of the aim of that gun, when you fire it.

Disconnect the gun and empty it of all nails, when not in use.

Wear safety glasses: Flying wood chips, and especially the flying plastic from those collation strips, on the nails. (Alot of Pnuem. gun manufactures now produce paper collated nail strips for certain guns, and I'm sure that all guns will eventually be redesigned for such, at some point in the future, to avoid all that flying plastic).

#6 ·
Thanks for the safety tips! I have a pretty good habit of always wearing safety glasses luckily. I have also been super careful with the gun also, from the double fire day I have been a little more timid around it then my old finish nailer. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.