Fascia Leaking All Year Round - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

fascia leaking all year round

We have water leaking out of the facia in two spots on our big wrap around porch. House is 100 years old. Replaced roofs 5 years ago.

Initially Husband thought it was heat transfer from second floor heated bedrooms as we noticed the ice that had formed when ice forming made the crack between the sofit and facia larger.

I thought it was from water leaking behind old flashing on porch roof and assumed it would be solved when we replaced flashing and siding. Which we did.

We were both wrong, as we have discovered that after replacing windows, flashing and apply new siding then scraping, caulking and painting all wood surfaces of the porch facia and sofit, water has continued to leak out at the same point each rain all summer??? It has been a VERY wet summer.

When roofs were replaced 5 years ago they were taken down to sheathing and ice guard was put down for the first three feet of the roof from the drip edge.

I am at a complete loss to figure out where this water is coming from.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. We have always been do it yourself people, but this work was contracted. My husband is no longer able.

Thanks

Advertisement

jtsy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:55 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,010

1. Is it leaking in one spot of the soffit?

2. Did you pull that section to explore the water source or damage?

A picture would help.

Be safe, G

Advertisement

Gary in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
General Contractor

Rewards Points: 10

I agree with GBR, a photo of that area would really help us see the issue. It sounds like the roof was installed correctly but without seeing your issue i cant say 100%
Deperryandassoc is offline   Reply With Quote