Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-04-2008, 04:35 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

exterior wall shift away from house

I recently noticed a large gap between the exterior wall of my bedroom and the floor of the house, i can kinda see into basement, the exterior corners have vertical cracks from floor to ceiling, outside i can see the wall is bowing out some, i looked at the foundation in basement and can't tell or notice obviously if it is pushing in. there is a crack in one corner in basement the is isolated vertically in the corner and it is not below the area where the problem is in the house. Also when we bought the house there were floor jacks in place in center of basement and the area in the house above them is very raised should we let the jacks down slowly , could this be effecting the outer wall?? the house was built in 1910. help please no idea what is going on or what to do.

ldloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:12 AM   #2
General Contractor

Rewards Points: 500

exterior wall shift away from house

Pictures would be great, but from what you have described, you need to get an on site opinion from a contractor, at least so you have an informed opinion about what is going on...no advice from the forum will help you like a set of eyes on the problem.

joasis is offline   Reply With Quote