DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Extending Water Supply Box In Laundry Room

5K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  hsl 
#1 ·
I am looking for ideas on how to extend a water supply box in a basement laundry room that I am putting drywall into.

The issue is that the existing water supply box is already bolted to concrete wall and the water supply pipes and drain are already fixed into water supply box. To clear the profile of the pipes and stuff, I have to frame the wall 7 inches from the existing pipes/concrete wall.

I need to extend the water supply box without having to redo all of the plumbing.

I cannot locate an "extender" for the water supply box or a deep enough water supply box to bring it out 7 inches.

My initial thought was to frame the water supply box area with wood, cutout the drywall to fit the opening and tile a "box" so that moisture doesn't ruin the drywall in the years to come.

Has anyone tackled a similar issue or have a better thought on extending this access to the water supply box?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.