Extended Room Problems - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-22-2008, 05:14 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Extended room problems

My query is basically related to home extension. Well I need to construct another room. Now the problem is the space that I have is not even. There is a bathroom which is outside the first floor entrance and we also do not have a staircase that can lead us to the second floor. My budget is also limited and I cant make the stairs and the room at a time. But if needed should both be done at the same time? Or do I remove the bathroom (its anyways not used). But some people are against this and all this has added to my confusion. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

jassikahilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:20 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Extended room problems

Hi and welcome to the forums. Your question is a very difficult one based on the information that you have provided. I would suggest you attempt to obtain quotes from at least 3 local trusted design/build contractors who are aware of your regional building practices and regulations. Or you may prefer to hire an architect which may seem expensive at first but could possibly save you money in the end by designing a build strategy based on phases that you could afford in smaller increments.

Best wishes,

Steve

Advertisement

sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote