Howdy I'm Colby and I'm going to TSTC and I doing a project in a family houseing unit on my college campus where we are taking out a rotted floor system. It rotted because of mold caused by severe moisture exposure over a long period of time. Anyways the house's old floor system is supported by three built up wood girders and floor joists. The girders need to be taken out in some places and replaced, the sole plate does need to be replaced and so do several floor joist that rotten. So far this is what I have down for what I will need to fix the floor system, am I forgetting anything?
What I have down
* new floor joists
* poly for protecting the new floor system from the ground up
* sheet rock for replacing some rotten sheet rock
* 2 X 4 studs for replacing the bottom of rotten studs or the studs completely
* 1 x 4's for the new sole plate
* plywood for new sub floor
* drywall screws
# We have all the tools we need by the way : - )
# My teacher told me not to worry so much about costs but to be more concerned with having all the neccessary parts for this estimate
* My instructor also told me not to include nails into the estimate because he already has nails for the project
Does anyone know if I might be forgetting something ?
Any help would be great !
Thanks for reading my post