Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-18-2010, 07:42 AM   #1

Share |
Thumbs down

Eon Decking

Two years ago we made significant changes to our home. One of the items needed was a verandah and walkway to the back of the house. I saw the Eon ad in one of the many magazines I was reading to find products and really liked the looks of the product. We purchased Eon and the last good thing I can say about it is the ads are attractive. This morning I slipped and fell as this product is slippery without the slightest provocation. I would never recommend this product as it is difficult to feel safe except when the temperature is hot during the summer. The contractor who installed the product did not like it as it was difficult to install, difficult to cut and after it is installed it "walks". We now have large gaps because the clips do not keep it tight which requires the need to constantly hammer the gaps closed.

I am always very careful when walking on this product and today's fall caused me to find a site in which I can express my opinion. Not only is this product expensive it is dangerous. My recommendation is take it off the market. Needless to say, I am not sure what I am going to do as it was recently installed but I do not look forward to slipping around and certainly do not want a guest to have an accident. Hope this helps someone else make a choice about using this product.
Joyce A. Smidle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:47 AM   #2

Eon Decking

not familiar with this product have you talked with supplier/ manufacturer for solutions
tpolk is offline   Reply With Quote