Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #1

Share |

Entry door size 32" to 36'? Trim issue

I have an old house also that has a 32" front door which is a PAIN to move furniture thru,,,door is pretty on the top,bottom is broken panel.

I would LIKE a 36" door BUT have long leaf old pine trim of wide style. IF I widen the door,,,my old trim wont It also has cornice moulding above door,which would also be short. Baseboard doesnt match door casing so extra cut off there wont work too good above door,,,my old trim wont fit,,,where to find NEW or other matching trim to fit?? Other houses have some different colors of trim and matching exactly???

So IS there a way??Or leave my 32" door in there and fight it???

4just1don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:55 AM   #2

Entry door size 32" to 36'? Trim issue

Is the trim profile unique or just the material?? Trim can be manufactured to match your profile, with material similar to that. Local millwork shops can do that. But you will likely have to modify the house framing around the door, so everything, inside/out will change.

Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote