Elephant Foot Constuction On Marshy Soil - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Elephant foot constuction on marshy soil

hi DIY Friends,
I am planning to contruct a cottage on sea- river shore which is marshy and in the tidal range during high water springs. soil is loose mud. concrete piles have to go really deep. i am thinking of making it stand on Elephant foots , with coconut shells( locally available.) to fill in the pits.
help me with a easy to under stand model of elephant foot construction on marshy soil.
thank you =Paul

Advertisement

pauljames1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:10 PM   #2
Disabled wood vet

Rewards Points: 1,000

What?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy S2

Advertisement

titanoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljames1959 View Post
hi DIY Friends,
I am planning to contruct a cottage on sea- river shore which is marshy and in the tidal range during high water springs. soil is loose mud. concrete piles have to go really deep. i am thinking of making it stand on Elephant foots , with coconut shells( locally available.) to fill in the pits.
help me with a easy to under stand model of elephant foot construction on marshy soil.
thank you =Paul
Have you considered building/buying a house boat?
Wildie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljames1959 View Post
hi DIY Friends,
thank you =Paul
Elephant foots with coconut shells on loose mud? Sounds like a structural engineer or house boat dealer should be in your future. You likely won't find a satisfactory answer to that question here.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #5
Disabled wood vet

You should be talking to a New Genues tribesman or somebody that builds with coconut shells and bamboo shoots all the time. I think they follow code.
titanoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
elephant foot