Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction


Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3
Rewards Points: 10

drywall transition joint ?

I am working on installing a swanstone shower surround and need to add another layer of drywall for proper overhang spacing. My problem is how finish the joint where the new 1/2" drywall is lapped over the existing drywall wall. Can I just use paper tape formed into a z like shape? thanks

tigman is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Improving a bad tile to drywall transition navi_jen Drywall & Plaster 6 11-27-2013 10:56 AM
Cracked drywall at joint near door? ClemsonJeeper Drywall & Plaster 6 11-06-2009 04:27 PM
Plaster to drywall joint question. ERIK2173 Remodeling 7 05-16-2009 05:58 PM
Joint compound to smooth old paint layers. gmhut Painting 1 05-03-2009 06:50 PM
Hardie Backer to drywall transition jnbrown Drywall & Plaster 1 12-27-2008 03:12 PM

Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.