Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-07-2006, 12:23 PM   #1

Share |

Drywall problem

I am about to cry I'm so happy I found this forum. I've been searching the web for three days looking for help for my unique problem....

I removed the panel from the living room and all the seams have already been taped. I mudded over the tape and sanded and took all the necessary care to make it look smooth. I primed the wall and textured with knockdown. Now, you can see seems and tape and mud under the texture on one of the walls.

My question is - how do I fix it from this point?

I appreciate any help I can get. I'm so happy I found this forum. I feel like i've found a second home!!! Thank you!!

LEudaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:57 PM   #2
TEXTURE REVIVAL

Drywall problem

Please don't cry!
Preparation is vital indeed, more information you do need!
you prepared the walls as stated below,
but where you mudded the texture will blow!

As you have prepared the seams/joints with drywall compound & left to dry, then sanded smooth, these filled areas become very porous indeed, they are best sealed with a few coats of appropiate sealer (as for porous surfaces) then left to dry inbetween coats, making sure that finally you seal over the whole wall area so that the final texture coating dries out as one,

I know not what method you used for texturing but did you lay on the texture evenly, a section at a time, then patterning, or spraying it on, whichever way it is best to try to apply evenly onto the surface, obviously depending what effect you are trying to achieve.

Is there any movement in the wall that you prepared?
Does it catch the light from the window or door ect so that theses descrepanceis show up?

When you completed your preparation was it smooth and flat/feathered to the surface before you sealed it & attempted to texture, maybe you sanded too much from the centre but not enough to smooth the edges of filler to the boards so that the tapes showed through, you would have to lay on the texture quite thick to try to cover such areas,

As texture is waterbased and you only just applied it to the wall it should be able to scrape off, or, you may be able to wet it with water and spread it evenly with the appropiate tool where needed on your wall to fill in, but when this has dried completely it will be very porous.
Any way LEudaly
please let us know how you get on
Regards
Dale

Dale is offline   Reply With Quote