Drywall In Finished Attic? - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Drywall in Finished Attic?

Hello, I'm a mediumly competent do-it-yourselfer...but I have no idea where to start on getting this information. We have a finished attic in the house we just bought, but the walls (well, walls/ceiling, since it is inside the truss) seem to be covered with something that I think is particle board with some sort of texture and paint over it. It is starting to fall apart at the seems between the boards though.

I would really like to take it down, and replace it with drywall, but, given their odd choice in materials before...I'm nervoius to do so. Is their any reason they would have gone with particle board inside the truss? Is this a weight issue or something?

Thanks!
Ben

Advertisement

woodsbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:33 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,080

Drywall in Finished Attic?

Is it an attic truss, like over a garage? What are the floor joists, or are they part of the truss?

Pictures are nice...

Gary

ps. Please, only one post on exact same thing in all forums, thank you.

Advertisement