Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-07-2008, 07:25 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Dryvit or Stucco over Existing Painted Brick

Hello,

I am buying a house that has painted brick and have found someone who will come out to "soda blast" the brick to it's original color and texture. I am afraid I will not like the color and the way it looks with the overall flow of the house. I am considering Dryvit or Stucco for the entire exterior. Does anyone have experience with this issue and is one preferred over the other. It appears that Dryvit can be easier to work with on corners, around windows or doors and such... Also. what should I expect to pay per sq. foot for either application on a one story, 1400 sq. ft. ranch home??

Thanks for the thoughts and help.

andrew2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:35 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

I was considering the dryvit system myself till I found out the cost and that they will not let you do it yourself.I have a 4400sqf home and the price I was given was 63,000 just for the dryvit.I also called the local dealer to see where I could get the material to do it myself and was told you must be factoy trained.So I an doind an acycrilic stuco wich should hold up better in our colder climate here

clasact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:01 AM   #3

How much should I expect to pay for the acrylic stucco?
andrew2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:53 PM   #4

i found that dryvit is not good where there are children or high travlrd areas where people will be banging into it.....if u are considering doing dryvit i would perfere high density mesh to be used...cause if u get a crack and try to repair it it will not match up ....
brian good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew2008 View Post
Hello,

I am buying a house that has painted brick and have found someone who will come out to "soda blast" the brick to it's original color and texture. I am afraid I will not like the color and the way it looks with the overall flow of the house. I am considering Dryvit or Stucco for the entire exterior. Does anyone have experience with this issue and is one preferred over the other. It appears that Dryvit can be easier to work with on corners, around windows or doors and such... Also. what should I expect to pay per sq. foot for either application on a one story, 1400 sq. ft. ranch home??

Thanks for the thoughts and help.
andrew depends on what kind of finish you are looking for..you had mentioned that the brick was painted...so u would probbly be looking at 7 dollars sq/f once again depending on the finish a float finish is usually more...
brian good is offline   Reply With Quote