DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Driveway Cracks

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Breakthecycle2 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I think gardening is the place to post this. I have a long driveway that has cracking here and there along the entire length. We purchased the house in November, and it's survived a winter in Conifer, CO at an elevation of almost 10,000 ft. The previous owner said he had it resurfaced - it was unclear, but I believe it was within the last 1 1/2 years. I see darker areas where some patch was put onto cracks, but all that seems to be opening up again. As an FYI, we run a truck with a plow attachment on the driveway during the winter.

I've posted photos of some of the various cracks, including one that has been taken over by ants. One of the photos is of the edge, which seems to be breaking apart.

My question is - do I need to have the entire driveway resurfaced, or can I fill in the cracks and patch those. And, if you would be so kind as to recommend the best practice for doing either job that you recommend.

Thanks in advance!
Gayle

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.