Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #1

Share |

Driveway Cracks

Hi all,
I think gardening is the place to post this. I have a long driveway that has cracking here and there along the entire length. We purchased the house in November, and it's survived a winter in Conifer, CO at an elevation of almost 10,000 ft. The previous owner said he had it resurfaced - it was unclear, but I believe it was within the last 1 1/2 years. I see darker areas where some patch was put onto cracks, but all that seems to be opening up again. As an FYI, we run a truck with a plow attachment on the driveway during the winter.

I've posted photos of some of the various cracks, including one that has been taken over by ants. One of the photos is of the edge, which seems to be breaking apart.

My question is - do I need to have the entire driveway resurfaced, or can I fill in the cracks and patch those. And, if you would be so kind as to recommend the best practice for doing either job that you recommend.

Thanks in advance!
Gayle
Attached Thumbnails
Driveway Cracks-crack_1.jpg   Driveway Cracks-crack_2.jpg   Driveway Cracks-crack_3.jpg   Driveway Cracks-crack_4.jpg  

gtono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #2

Driveway Cracks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtono View Post
Hi all,
I think gardening is the place to post this. I have a long driveway that has cracking here and there along the entire length. We purchased the house in November, and it's survived a winter in Conifer, CO at an elevation of almost 10,000 ft. The previous owner said he had it resurfaced - it was unclear, but I believe it was within the last 1 1/2 years. I see darker areas where some patch was put onto cracks, but all that seems to be opening up again. As an FYI, we run a truck with a plow attachment on the driveway during the winter.

I've posted photos of some of the various cracks, including one that has been taken over by ants. One of the photos is of the edge, which seems to be breaking apart.

My question is - do I need to have the entire driveway resurfaced, or can I fill in the cracks and patch those. And, if you would be so kind as to recommend the best practice for doing either job that you recommend.

Thanks in advance!
Gayle
I have the same issue as we just bought our house in October. We too have a long driveway with the ant and cracking as well.

Breakthecycle2 is offline   Reply With Quote