Driveway - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

driveway

I hope this is the proper location to post my question.

I have a few steep hills on my driveway going out of my cottage. there are 3 of them.

the 2 that are not too bad have stone on them, (we need to put more stone down, needs regrading we are thinking about doing this soon)

the 3rd hill is so steep it scares me a little driving up it ( I have only done this once) it has only earth on it. no stone.

The questions I have is, on the 2 hills that currently have stone, before we call and order more stone what is the best stone to put down to allow your car to drive up the hill the easiest? put screening down first? then 2 inch crush stone?

Last question, for the one hill that is extremely steep and only has earth, is there a safe way to make this hill work safer? we do not need to go up this way but it would be a lot easier too incorporate this way into the drive.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement

D-ru15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:52 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 776

driveway

Without knowing the slope of that hill and seeing pictures it's going to be hard to tell you what will work best. Something like crusher run is used quite often because it's got a variety of stone sizes that locked together quite well after a period of time.

Advertisement

Msradell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
World's Tallest Midget

Rewards Points: 542

driveway

Broom finish concrete. Do it once, and it's over.
Mort is offline   Reply With Quote