Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-23-2010, 11:05 AM   #1

Share |

DriCore subfloor

I'm in the process or planning out how to redo my basement.... was looking at dri core subflooring (the OSB 2x2 ft toung and groove panels that have the plastic on the bottom with channels for water / air movement) it's about 1/2 inch of OSB with about a 1/4 inch of air space... which is great for basement sub floor since the water would travel to the drains with no problem and helps stop moisture transfer from the floor to the room... my question is how does the room get built when this is in play? do you floor the whole room then builld walls ontop of it or do you built the walls first attach them to the concrete with tapcon scews like you would with the outside perimiter walls then do the drycore around the rooms cutting it to fit?

also anyone here use dri core before? what are your experiences with it?

BlueBSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #2
Framing Contractor

DriCore subfloor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBSH View Post
I'm in the process or planning out how to redo my basement.... was looking at dri core subflooring (the OSB 2x2 ft toung and groove panels that have the plastic on the bottom with channels for water / air movement) it's about 1/2 inch of OSB with about a 1/4 inch of air space... which is great for basement sub floor since the water would travel to the drains with no problem and helps stop moisture transfer from the floor to the room... my question is how does the room get built when this is in play? do you floor the whole room then builld walls ontop of it or do you built the walls first attach them to the concrete with tapcon scews like you would with the outside perimiter walls then do the drycore around the rooms cutting it to fit?

also anyone here use dri core before? what are your experiences with it?
http://www.dricore.com/en/qinstal.aspx

Tags
basement floor, dricore