Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-31-2006, 09:21 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Dricore subfloor

I am about to add a subfloor to my basement and came across the product Dricore. Does anyone know any info on this product? My plan was to just do 2x4's and plywood until I saw this product. Is also states there should be drains in the concrete, which I have none. I have no water but should I add drains and is this hard to do. Thanks

nlexi912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 07:09 PM   #2
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

Rewards Points: 2,000

Dricore subfloor

They have a website. You can look up more info. from the manufacturer. We have used it on many basement renovations. I like it and recommend it.
No drains where we have installed it. Never heard of that being a condition for the product.

AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:42 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10
Dricore subfloor

I have sent away for my info on dricore. I have just recently priced it and find it much more costly than just using insulation and plywood on the floors. Do you think there would be a big difference in the outcome?
After the dricore is installed then I am gathering that the walls are fastened to that vs the concrete? Also is there any particular wood that is better used for basement walls, I know PT for the bottom plate.
nlexi912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:05 PM   #4
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

Rewards Points: 2,000

Dricore subfloor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlexi912 View Post
I have sent away for my info on dricore. I have just recently priced it and find it much more costly than just using insulation and plywood on the floors. Do you think there would be a big difference in the outcome?
After the dricore is installed then I am gathering that the walls are fastened to that vs the concrete? Also is there any particular wood that is better used for basement walls, I know PT for the bottom plate.
I know that Dricore says that you can attach the walls to their flooring, but we always attach the walls directly to the concrete floor using PT for the bottom plate. Just use KD grade for the walls above.

As far as the difference in price. It's not that much cheaper to use a: vapor barrier, 3/4" plywood, powder actuated fasteners to install a basement floor.

Additionally, read the fact that the Dricore's air chambers actually keep the floor warmer than a floor installed directly over concrete.

Last edited by AtlanticWBConst.; 01-06-2007 at 06:30 AM.
AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:44 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 75

Dricore subfloor

I'd like to hijack for a moment-my apologies.

Would cork tiles work on dricore(didnt see it mentioned on their site)?

I only know that cork should not be used directly on concrete.
Mikedks is offline   Reply With Quote