Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-07-2009, 07:04 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Downsize a window.

I have to downsize a window in the kitchen in order to run a strip of cabinets around a corner. The original window is 48 X 48. Will take in the width at least 24" The exterior of the wall is white stucco. Is this going to be a problem?
How would I go about doing this? Plan to have a pro do the stucco, but like to know the process of covering the exposed hole in the exterior wall.

Thanks.

sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #2
Man of many hats

Downsize a window.

If you are bringing in a pro to do the stucco, they should be able to do the entire job, but a 24 x 48 window will be a bit odd in a kitchen. Assuming that this is over a sink as most kitchen windows are, wont this narrow space be a bit constricting? And if not, is it possible to just eliminate the entire opening and add another 24" cabinet? Just thinking outloud without benefit of pictures of course.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:34 PM   #3

Downsize a window.

Thanks for the input. I am open to any outside ideas.
Would love to totally remove the window ad put a new one in elsewhere, but that will require doing a lot more exterior work than I want to do. Already covering part of this window, and also have to downside an old exhaust vent hole.
Want to downsize the window so I can wrap the cabinets around the corner. With this, I plan on putting in a corner sink.
sharp is offline   Reply With Quote