Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-13-2010, 12:02 AM   #1
kai

Share |

Does rigid, thin R30 insulation exist?

Hello there. I am exposing the beams in my bedroom. I was assured that insulating it with R30 rigid thin insulation would be no problem. My contractor says no such thing exists. Can anybody tell me where to get it if it exists? Thanks, Kai
kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:41 AM   #2
kai

I am not sure how to amend my posting, but I need to. Sorry, I should have researched before posting, but I thought the contractor must be correct or in the alternative, it would be very hard to find. It was not hard to find. Here is one site for rigid r 30 insulation, among others http://www.truittandwhite.com/produc...seaction=other. Thanks all. Kai
kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:45 AM   #3
nap
You talking to me?

what is "thin".

One of the best and readily available insulations is polyisocyanurate foam boards but even that is around R7 per inch per inch. It would take a bit over 4 inches to give you an R30.

yep, per your link: a 4 1/2 inch thick board with an R30.

Might want to check on the price of that stuff, Not going to be cheap
nap is offline   Reply With Quote