Do I Use Wood Or Concrete To Fix My Sunken Front Door Landing ? (Pictures Included) - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Do I use Wood or concrete to fix my sunken front door landing ? (Pictures included)

I'm having my house painted but the front steps are a problem. Wood has rotted and the stairs have settled. I'm not sure if I should replace the wood, build up stairs with more concrete or both. Any suggestions? Here's a couple photos. Thank you!!
Attached Thumbnails
Do I use Wood or concrete to fix my sunken front door landing ? (Pictures included)-image-868217839.jpg   Do I use Wood or concrete to fix my sunken front door landing ? (Pictures included)-image-4257531510.jpg   Do I use Wood or concrete to fix my sunken front door landing ? (Pictures included)-image-414092795.jpg   Do I use Wood or concrete to fix my sunken front door landing ? (Pictures included)-image-500386157.jpg  

Advertisement

D'brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,164

Do I use Wood or concrete to fix my sunken front door landing ? (Pictures included)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'brat View Post
I'm having my house painted but the front steps are a problem. Wood has rotted and the stairs have settled. I'm not sure if I should replace the wood, build up stairs with more concrete or both. Any suggestions? Here's a couple photos. Thank you!!

Those stairs look like they are precast and have settled to the left,if so they need to be brought back to level and the rotted board replaced.

Advertisement

Canarywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:19 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,022

Don't be surprised if you've rot behind that board to more of the structure.
bob22 is offline   Reply With Quote