Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-14-2008, 11:00 AM   #1

Share |

DIY Contractor Spray Urethane Foam

We just got our new Web Site up for SoyThane the Spray Foam made contractor friendly. I wanted to get some opinions and ask if this site or others like it sell banner links?

http://www.soythane.com/

Thanks,
Tom

TomHay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:24 PM   #2

Does your product have an ICC evaluation yet?

Flame spread and smoke developed rating?

Just curious.

Termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:03 PM   #3

I am presently working on all major building codes. Problem I am running into with some is they are trying to put me in a classification as Canister Foams and Great Stuff etc. To do so and win approval Home Depot, Lowes etc would have to do same. We want the approvals in full, not just meeting criteria.

We pass an E 84 with a 15 Minute Fire Barrier at present so the Fire Barrier has the burden. We are presently conducting teststs on both a No Flame No Smoke Plural instant set that sprays from our same gun and plan to incorporate this technoligy very soon into our SoyThane. We however will still insist on a 15 minute Fire Barrier such as Sheet Rock.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:14 PM   #4

My question is based on section314 of the IRC, which covers foam plastics. Specifically, the ignition barrier requirement in exposed locations such as attics and crawlspaces (R314.2.3) is often an issue with this type of product.

Hopefully you'll take the steps necessary to educate your customers on proper installation and clearances to furnace flues, chimneys, electrical, etc. I see a lot of professional installations of foam products that don't take fire safety into consideration!

Looks like this could be a great product though!
Termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:27 PM   #5

I came on here looking for the input you are giving.

I am going to be a Key Speaker @ Polyurethane 2008 in Texas this year and part of the talk is on exactly what you are saying.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 07-10-2008, 09:26 PM   #6

I am a homeowner looking at DIY spray foams and have been looking at Handi-Foam and Tiger Foam, but recently came across the SoyThane product. The SoyThane appears to cost less, but I am curious whether it meets the same standards as the other products insofar as fire safety, etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekctermite View Post
My question is based on section314 of the IRC, which covers foam plastics. Specifically, the ignition barrier requirement in exposed locations such as attics and crawlspaces (R314.2.3) is often an issue with this type of product.

Hopefully you'll take the steps necessary to educate your customers on proper installation and clearances to furnace flues, chimneys, electrical, etc. I see a lot of professional installations of foam products that don't take fire safety into consideration!

Looks like this could be a great product though!

rmcfall is offline   Reply With Quote