Diverting Water Runoff - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

diverting water runoff

I live in a rural subdivision that has a road association which we pay dues on for maintiance ect. The road association paved a mile of road above me and installed culverts. Now when it rains I get a mile of runoff straight down my driveway and it is washing it away. They tell me I will just have to live with it. When it rains heavy it looks like a river flowing down my driveway . This problem will effect the sale of my property. Are they legal to divert all this run off onto my property? PLEASE HELP

Advertisement

ladonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 25

diverting water runoff

Sounds like a design flaw to me. Suprisingly, I would think the association would act on your behalf since they didn't do the work themselves and they should be representing you since you pay dues. They should be able to approach the designer and indicate that they have not managed the stormwater correctly with the culverts. If your association isn't helping, I'd start at the county, find out who the permit was issued to, who did the design and contact them. The County may be able to help as well. Depending on where you are, some Counties take stormwater management and runoff very seriously in this new Eco-world we live in and will work on your behalf.

But again, either the designer or the installer are responsible if what they have put in place is destroying your property.

Advertisement

BMS98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
Learning by Doing

Rewards Points: 2,000

diverting water runoff

I would contact an attorney who specializes in working with HOAs. They should change it ASAP.