Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-23-2008, 07:12 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |
Angry

Dissatisfied with Trex

We installed a Winchester grey deck in April 2006.

Last summer it had weathered to several different shades of grey, the large panels we had installed to cover the ends of the boards had warped to such an extent the the screws sheard off in one place and the warped board dislodged a piece of downpipe in another. We are talking warping of at least an inch.

The ends of about half the boards have split from the screws to the end, and we have black spots all over the surface - though not always on adjoining boards - very strange.

It is also unbearable to walk on in bare feet in the sun.

We started a claim under the warranty last October. Eventually, they sent an independent evaluator out to look at the deck about 3 weeks ago. Of course, he could not comment.

Today, we received a letter denying any liabilty. Thye referred to the photos we sent them last year, telling us that they could see (from the photos) that the screws were closer to the ends of the boards than the recommended on inch. We have measured them all - they are all at one inch.

They made no reference to the report, and did not address any of the other issues we cited in our complaint

I have not replied to them yet. I have read posts about Trex in the carpentry seciton of the website as well as the construction section, so i know there are many other dissatisfied customers out there. How many does it take to get Trex to admit there is a problem with their product.

Last edited by mrsmac; 04-23-2008 at 08:18 PM.
mrsmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 0

Dissatisfied with Trex

I am a class action attorney investigating Trex claims. If anyone would like to discuss problems with trex decking (including mold, splitting, crumbling, discoloration, etc...), please contact me at: jpizzirusso@cmht.com

jpizzirusso is offline   Reply With Quote