Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-21-2009, 01:33 AM   #1

Share |

Despirate for Kitchen Counter Top Advice

I have a situation with a kitchen counter top. The counter is tiled and appears to have a concrete board underneath and under that what appears to be particle board.

We've had an accident where something heave came down on an exposed corner and broke a few tiles and chipped out a piece of the concrete and particle board. The broken bit includes the corner it's self and is about 3" long(wide) and about 1" deep"

I'm wondering if something can be done to repair this? I've worked with wood epoxy before and when it's cured it's pretty darn strong. Any thoughts? I really need to get this fixed.

Thanks

Steph45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:24 AM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

I have had amazing results with products from this company. I use them mainly for repairing rotted wood frames that would be too complex to have made for the budgets allowed. Whether or not an epoxy or another resin type fix would repair corner damage like you describe would concern me though. It will cure very strong. You might email their tech people, or those of a similar company, and ask?

http://www.abatron.com/cms/buildinga...nproducts.html

I have also used their concrete repair products for concrete stairs and it works great. That might be an option if the wood products will not work?

user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:28 PM   #3

I thank you so much...I'll contact this company and see what of their products they recommend.
Steph45 is offline   Reply With Quote