Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-25-2007, 07:45 AM   #1
They're all fixer-uppers

Share |

DensArmor Plus first impressions

I recently began drywalling my basement remodel. I decided to go w/ DensArmor plus paperless drywall, on sale and actually cheaper than standard 1/2" Drywall.

My first impression is that this stuff is awesome. Slightly heavier and definitely stronger than standard drywall. No fraying paper edges and much less propensity to bend and damage corners. Cutting and Hanging this stuff was a breeze. It scores and cuts 'almost' as easily as drywall and cutting the back edge after scoring and breaking is much easier and cleaner than normal paper. I have seen everywhere GP's claims of mold resistence and stop feeding mold and all that, but I have yet to see them boast of the added strength over traditional drywall, which they could do definitley do. I haven't started finishing yet, but hanging it so far has been great. And knowing that I'm doing my part to fight mold is nice peace of mine - especially for me, I have stage 2 asthma and a strong allergy to mold.

Anyone else use this yet and have opinions about it?

J187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:14 AM   #2
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

Used it and liked it.

We always recommend installing this when we have to deal with water damaged basements repairs (insurance), or new basement remodeling....

AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:31 AM   #3
They're all fixer-uppers

I'm not sure if this is just coincidental but it also seemed much less prone to bulging when screwed near the edge on seams.
J187 is offline   Reply With Quote