DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Deer Proof Garden + Special Entrance Arch

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  CustomBuild 
#1 ·
I am building a deer proof garden. I realize it must be eight feet in height but I don't know much more. I was also hoping to incorporate an arched peice of wood from an old ship into the entry way. (Picture included) I was thinking of maybe cutting down a tree and using two lengths of the tree to put the peice of the ship on top and putting a spike through the lumber into the tree lengths. Anyone know of any other ideas or improvements to my current plans? Thanks in advance

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
How about check craigslist.com for old barn posts/beams/boards. People take down barns all the time and sell the lumber. You can also ask a land owner that has had a barn collapse if you can pick through it for a couple of interesting pieces. I just think it would be a waste of a tree to use the whole thing for a couple of posts, besides, something that is manufactured as long ago as the piece of ship you have will add character to the gate, in my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.