DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Deck pulling from house

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  gregzoll 
#1 ·
The covered deck attached to my mobile home is pulling away! My mobile home sits on a slight downgrade and the previous owner built an addition to the front of the home and added a covered deck that extends the length of the trailer (60') and now the deck is pulling away from the house at the base of the hill and the addition floors are now uneven. When taking a closer look at the construction, I noticed that the builder used stacked concrete blocks (with no motar) as the foundation and these blocks are now leaning at about a 20 degree angle and there is a 5 inch gap between the deck and the wall of the house. The roof is one continuous piece as it has been replaced with a metal roof since this addition.
Is it possible to fix this myself? Any suggestions???

#4 ·
with the piers falling apart the deck is going to settle, in the process the whole platform is going to pull away from the main structure.... the first thing i would do is to jack the deck back up to level out where the peirs are then install proper footings and new 6x6 posts. from there if you can get under the deck rebolt the ledger to the main building

#5 ·
Wow, 20° lean and a 5 inch gap, I don't see why it hasn't hit the ground yet. You really need to get on that really quick before someone gets hurt or killed. I would be throwing up a lot of temporary braces to secure the structure until it is corrected.

WWBK is telling you right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.