Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #1

Share |

Cutting ceramic tile

I have a masonary blade for my chop saw used to cut brick. Can I use that blade to make a cut on a 1/4" thick piece of ceramic tile?
Ronnie1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:55 AM   #2

Cutting ceramic tile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie1a View Post
I have a masonary blade for my chop saw used to cut brick. Can I use that blade to make a cut on a 1/4" thick piece of ceramic tile?
I personally would use a wet saw, it makes clean dustless cuts. ( it costs about $50-$99 small table saw style ... don't get the plastic one, they are real cheep quality) .... you can always sell it once you are done if you no longer want it. or just use a tile cutter that does a good job on ceramic tiles.
jlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #3

Cutting ceramic tile

You most likely will get lots of chips on the edge. Depends how many you have to cut. If its just a few they make a handsaw or you can get a blade for grinder. Many times you cut tile by scoring and snapping it like glass. You can rent the scoring tool very cheap and a wet saw for a bit more.
bill01 is offline   Reply With Quote