Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-31-2010, 12:00 PM   #1

Share |

Cut Quarry Stone

I would appreciate any help that can be given. I'm trying to find the value of an 1800s foundation of cut quarry limestone. It is from a Dutch built barn. A relative has the foundation and has some people that want to buy, but they don't know what an asking price should be on each stone. I can't seem to find the information anywhere. Thanks for your time.

poorlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
Civil Engineer

Cut Quarry Stone

If you are trying to sell the stone at a price consistent with stone you would buy from a quarry, go to a quarry or a stone dealer and see what the price is per pound for field stone. I have such a dealer close to me, and they have a wide variety of stone, at a wide range of prices. The price depends on the type of stone, how much cutting has been done, and the size of the stone.

If you think the stone has historical value, that is a totally different ballgame, I have no idea how you would price in historical value to stone.

Daniel Holzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:46 PM   #3
Master General ReEngineer

Cut Quarry Stone

Quote:
but they don't know what an asking price should be on each stone.
Ayuh,... Just a Guess, based on buying from quarries around here,...

between $3.00, 'n $8.00 per Ton.... plus truckin'...
Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote