Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-15-2013, 12:00 AM   #1
Maryland

Share |

Crawlspace Liner

As far as crawlspace liners go, do you all think that I can get away with 8 mil poly sheeting on the ground?

The eventual goal is to seal and condition my 20" crawlspace. I'm reframing floors and would like to lay the poly as I go. I'll be coming back later to install rigid foam against the brick foundation.

I've looked at 16-20 mil liners and they look great, but there is zero availability in my area and you get killed with shipping buying online. 8 mil is the thickest poly that's readily available. My major concern would be puncture resistance. Thoughts?

Pittsville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:13 AM   #2

Crawlspace Liner

These guys offer free shipping on orders of over $200, which you would easily hit. Even something like their reinforced 8mil is going to be much more robust than a home store plastic sheet, and work really well in lightly traveled areas where you don't have utilities or storage needs.

red92s is offline   Reply With Quote