Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Crawlspace

Sorry to pseudo-jack this thread, but does anyone in the northwest have experience with encapsulation? I need to have my crawlspace completely overhauled (new house attacked by racoons), and Im considering encapsulation.

HItransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Crawlspace

We can help you DIY as that is the goal of this site. Check locally if asking for referrals. If asking about them in general, carry on... there is also a "Search" (white box) at top of every page.

Gary
PS. Welcome to the forums!

Old 01-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Crawlspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR in WA View Post
We can help you DIY as that is the goal of this site. Check locally if asking for referrals. If asking about them in general, carry on... there is also a "Search" (white box) at top of every page.

Gary
PS. Welcome to the forums!
gary,
thanks. I was just asking in general as the searching I did prior to posting seemed to identify this as a technique mostly reserved for the southeast (or areas with more humidity). I was curious about anyone who had tried this in the northwest.

anyway, I went with a traditional renovation.

thanks for the help... and the welcome.
HItransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,000

Crawlspace

No problem, just remember to check with local AHJ for radon, termites and air changes if switching (for other readers); http://energy.cr.usgs.gov/radon/rnus.html

http://termites101.org/termite-basic...ites-by-region

http://www2.iccsafe.org/cs/committee...E_06_64_07.pdf

Gary