Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-14-2011, 08:27 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

CPVC tubing and angle stop valve

Last night I discovered that one of our Flow Tite angle stops that supplies water to the toilet was leaking. I would like to change out this type of valve with a brasscraft style 1/4 turn angle shut off valve. That way I can simply change out the flexible hose down the road if it ever fails vs having to replace the valve/house assembly each time.

Is there a problem going from CPVC tubing to a chrome/brass type of fitting?

I dont really want to glue on an attachment to the CPVC if I can help it, and I really dont want to put another flow tite type of quick connect stop valve right back on.

Will a compression type fitting work on CPVC? Do I need to have an insert inside the CPVC in order to prevent cracking/collapse, and if so, should it be brass or plastic?

..suggestions, links to products or videos that solve this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Wiscbldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #2
Maryland

Rewards Points: 0

CPVC tubing and angle stop valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscbldr
Is there a problem going from CPVC tubing to a chrome/brass type of fitting?
No problem.

Quote:
I dont really want to glue on an attachment to the CPVC if I can help it, and I really dont want to put another flow tite type of quick connect stop valve right back on.
What do you mean by attachment? Are you referring to a CPVC slip stop valve? Or a fitting?

Quote:
Will a compression type fitting work on CPVC? Do I need to have an insert inside the CPVC in order to prevent cracking/collapse, and if so, should it be brass or plastic?
A compression stop can be installed on CPVC as long as you don't over-tighten it. It's also suggested that you wrap the compression ring with teflon tape or a coating of pipe dope prior to installation to help ensure a water tight seal. (If using pipe dope, make sure that's formulated for use on both the valve and the CPVC pipe) You will not need an insert on the inside of the CPVC.

Pittsville is offline   Reply With Quote