DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Building & Construction (
-   -   Covering pipe that runs along floor and wall... (

Freakaloin 02-25-2013 09:52 AM

Covering pipe that runs along floor and wall...
So I covered the pipe that runs across the wall with help from someone in this thread...

Now I need to cover another. Any suggestions?

joecaption 02-25-2013 10:04 AM

Is this house on a slab?
Also please go back and add your location to your profile. Just hit the area where your name is in the top right to edit.

Freakaloin 02-25-2013 10:21 AM

I'm converting a car port on a slab into living space...

joecaption 02-25-2013 10:35 AM

What's behind that stone wall?
Do you even need that pipe there any more if your converting it?

Freakaloin 02-25-2013 10:40 AM

House on other side of the wall. That pipe feeds the outdoor kitchen that was added as some later date...

I guess I could box the pipe in and make it look like trim but I don't know how I would attach it..,

joecaption 02-25-2013 10:57 AM

Why not just get rid of it?

Freakaloin 02-25-2013 11:17 AM

It supplies water to the outdoor kitchen...

md2lgyk 02-26-2013 07:27 AM

To turn a carport into living space, the slab is usually required to have a footer. Does yours? In my experience, most do not. Are you getting permits for this job?

Freakaloin 02-26-2013 07:41 AM

yeah its has a footer...the car port was partial converted when we bought the property...

now if i could get some answers instead of a bunch of questions it would be sweet!


joecaption 02-26-2013 08:20 AM

There is no pretty magic way to cover this up that's why were asking questions to see if there's a better way to run it.
If there's a crawl space behind that stone wall why not just run the pipe through the wall and get rid of all that exposed piping?

Freakaloin 02-26-2013 08:33 AM

The other side of stone the dining room. The pipe must be there and can't be moved. Can't never could so ill figure something out...I was just hoping for a little help :(

Freakaloin 02-26-2013 08:36 AM

Btw...The spigot will be concealed by a cabinet/desk. I only need to do something about the pipe THST runs along floor...

hand drive 02-26-2013 08:56 AM

I'd rip two boards, one about 2 1/2" wide and the other 1 3/4" wide and make an L out of them, paint them brown and set the L on the floor with the 1 3/4" on the vertical across the entire room covering the pipe were it sits and just being on the wall for the rest of the room. you can scribe this L to the rock wall and cut out all of the rock scribes in the backside of the L to make it fit to the rock wall. that is concrete so the L would be best to be tough wood, treated or pvc etc... so it does not soak up moisture... use glue when installing and place something heavy a top the L to hold it in place while the glue sets

jagans 02-26-2013 09:15 AM

How about rerouting it over the top in the attic space?

brockmiera 02-26-2013 09:49 AM

if the spigot is going to be concealed by a cabinet / desk just box out the pipe to look like another leg support then box out another one so that it looks symmetric.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1