DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Covering facia and soffit

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  kwikfishron 
#1 · (Edited)
I am thinking about covering my facia and soffit with aluminum coil stock. I have not had much experience using a siding brake. Is this something that is easy to learn? I do have construction experience and am putting on my own vinyl siding so I do feel that wth time I will be able to catch on to the brake. My other question is to rent or buy a siding brake. The rental store is asking $40 a day or $160 a week to rent the brake, I can buy a used brake for $850. My house is a two story so it will take me some time to finish. Any advise is welcome.

#3 · (Edited)
It took me many rolls of coil before I was even half ass satisfied with my ability to professionally bend and install metal. Lots of little tricks to that craft.

But if all you have is time then go for it.

If you rent a break you’ll feel the need to rush it done. You defiantly don’t need that pressure on your first metal job.

If you buy used then you can take all the time you need and then sell it when your done and probably get most or all of your money back on the deal, especially if you wait until Spring to sell.

You probably don’t want to wrap the soffit in coil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.