We have a cottage that sits 3 feet off the ground, the previous owners put insulation underneath it, which is held up with vapor barrier and in some areas plywood sheets.
We are now putting in an 8 ft high basment. This insulation will now be in our ceiling of the basment. Since this is our cottage we do not heat it in the winter months when we don't use it. Water is turned off, and drained.
We were told we need to heat the basement over the winter so it does not freeze, we will keep it at 40F. We will be insulating the basement walls and floors, to help cut the heating cost in the winter months.
Our concern is the isulation in the ceiling. Will the vapor barrier create mildew/condensation?
Thanks for any information we receive.