We have a cottage that sits 3 feet off the ground, the previous owners put insulation underneath it, which is held up with vapor barrier and in some areas plywood sheets.
We are now putting in an 8 ft high basment. This insulation will now be in our ceiling of the basment. Since this is our cottage we do not heat it in the winter months when we don't use it. Water is turned off, and drained.
We were told we need to heat the basement over the winter so it does not freeze, we will keep it at 40F. We will be insulating the basement walls and floors, to help cut the heating cost in the winter months.
Our concern is the isulation in the ceiling. Will the vapor barrier create mildew/condensation?
Thanks for any information we receive.
I would remove the vapor barrier, but keep the insulation. You could hold it by nailing small pieces of lumber across the joists or something.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.|
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.