Cost To Sheetrock My Basement... - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 10:17 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Cost to Sheetrock my Basement...

Today I got my first bid to sheetrock our unfinished basement. I believe the project is fairly straightforward. Majority of the area has 9' ceilings (which I am aware requires more labor) with some soffit work that drops it to just below 8' in some areas. Ceiling would most likely be popcorn acoustic to tie into the rest of the house and save on cost. Finished area is about 750 sq ft in total (estimating 2500 sq ft of finished drywall). Installer would be limited to working with 8' sheets, however, due to the turn-around staircase and lack of sufficient windows to get the drywall into the basement.

My first quote came in higher than I expected (about $3600, including materials). I was expecting (perhaps hoping) for someting in the $2500 range, though admittedly I didn't have much to base that number on.

I've attached a scan of my rough plan (hoping the scan works!)...I'm not sure if I've provided enough detail to get accurate feedback, but figured it's worth a shot. Was the first bid too high? I'm planning to get a couple more bids, but also don't want to go with the cheapest one and get a bad finish job.

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Attached Thumbnails
Cost to Sheetrock my Basement...-basement.jpg  

Advertisement

Old 02-25-2009, 11:37 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Cost to Sheetrock my Basement...

This is a DIY site, and is not the forum for discussion of contractors bids.

Advertisement

Closed Thread