Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-23-2008, 03:48 PM   #1

Share |

cost per sheet

hello all, just wondering if there is a standard approximate price to install and finish including taping and mudding a 4x8 sheet of drywall .

rough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
Drywall contractor

cost per sheet

That's kind of like "how long is a rope"?? Prices vary by region, degree of difficulty, quantity (more board = cheaper price), smooth finish or texture, and probably the moon phase.........

Old 10-23-2008, 04:58 PM   #3

cost per sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbatlanta View Post
That's kind of like "how long is a rope"?? Prices vary by region, degree of difficulty, quantity (more board = cheaper price), smooth finish or texture, and probably the moon phase.........

ok i get ya, lol, smooth finish, im in canada, about 35 sheets 12 foot high walls
rough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:15 PM   #4
Drywall contractor

cost per sheet

That would be a rather small job and require scaffold to hang and finish. Sight unseen, I'd "guestimate" around $1.75 - $2.00/sq.ft. (of board required, not wall/ceiling space) if I were to bid it. That's furnishing all material, labor, scaffolding, and ready for paint. If you're furnishing material and scaffolding, you could probably find someone to do labor only for half that, maybe less?? No clue what prices may be in the north country. Just be careful of who you hire if it's not a contractor. Ask for and check references.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:27 PM   #5
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

cost per sheet

Standard price will fluctuate according to new-construction work vs. remodeling work. There are also additional charges for high ceilings, soffit count, cathedrals, wrapping things, scrap removal, etc....
AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:13 PM   #6

cost per sheet

thanks for all of the help guys, ill let you know how it turns out.
christoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:21 AM   #7

cost per sheet

how did it turn out in the end mate?
richardbrickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:15 AM   #8

cost per sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbatlanta View Post
That would be a rather small job and require scaffold to hang and finish. Sight unseen, I'd "guestimate" around $1.75 - $2.00/sq.ft. (of board required, not wall/ceiling space) if I were to bid it. That's furnishing all material, labor, scaffolding, and ready for paint. If you're furnishing material and scaffolding, you could probably find someone to do labor only for half that, maybe less?? No clue what prices may be in the north country. Just be careful of who you hire if it's not a contractor. Ask for and check references.

where can i find more info about this

Last edited by AtlanticWBConst.; 10-28-2008 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Advertising Link Removed from Signature
ALICIA21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:22 AM   #9
Drywall contractor

cost per sheet

You can click on bjbatlanta in the upper left corner and it will allow you options like sending me a private message if you are in need of some specifics in the metro Atlanta area.