||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|03-23-2012, 05:52 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20Rewards Points: 10
Cost of a new detached garage??
I'm kicking around replacing my old worn down one car garage with a new two car. I have no idea how much this would even cost. I don't want to start with estimates until I get an idea...maybe I'm out of my mind. I'd have to estimate the tear down and removal of the old one including the cement. I'd also have to figure pouring a new floor. And then there is the estimate of building a garage, although I'm sure someone does all three I don't know. Can I get one built between 10K and 15K?
|03-23-2012, 05:58 PM||#2|
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 580Rewards Points: 660
Your not going to get much help here, too many variables. Pop open the yellow pages or cruise Craigslist for some contractors and have them come out and give you a quote.
|03-23-2012, 08:42 PM||#3|
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 7,556Rewards Points: 2,000
First off, unfortunately, that is actually not a DIY related question (which is what this site is about).
It is a "how much will it cost me to hire someone else to do the work...." Question.
Secondly, there are SO MANY cost variables. These are just a few:
- Region dictates foundation design and thus excavation & concrete costs.
- Amount of site prep work? additional site access work? addition of more soil? removal - of soil? existing soil type? zoning restrictions to conform to?
- Garage Door size, material, type? Auto opener? Glass? inserts?
- Roof design, roofing materials (Slate, synthetic slate, asphalt, metal, other?)
- Gutters: copper, aluminum, residential sized? commercial sized?
- Electric, No electric? floodlights? advanced lighting on interior...exterior lighting?
- Finished interior (sheetrock, trim, paint???)
- Second floor storage? no storage?
- Second floor walk-up, no walk up, access panel to attic? finished attic? other?
- Landscape work included?
- Driveway included? Gravel? paving? other?
- Windows? no windows? type of windows? number of windows & other entry door(?)
- Heating? no heating? type of heating (gas, electric, oil, wood, other?)
- Type of siding (material, style, color, stained? painted? PVC? Other?
- Etc, etc, etc.....
This list above is just a small fraction of the options, and variables than can effect a garage project (and other projects), by = tens of thousands of dollars AND MORE.
THE POINT: THERE IS NO WAY TO BALLPARK PROJECT PRICING OVER THE INTERNET = PERIOD.
This is constantly emphasized on this site. So, much so, that it has been made a sticky:
Link can be found: "How much will it cost?" Asking for price estimates here.
(POST IS NOT "DIY" RELATED)
- Build Well -
|The Following User Says Thank You to AtlanticWBConst. For This Useful Post:||
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Detached Garage Sub Panel Grounding Q||integlikewhoa||Electrical||15||03-12-2015 07:02 PM|
|Need help planning an electrical service upgrade to detached garage||PaulTurner||Electrical||2||04-05-2011 03:43 PM|
|60 amp sub panel for a detached garage||canyonbc||Electrical||32||01-11-2010 11:53 AM|
|wiring 100A to detached garage||snowman||Electrical||4||11-28-2009 04:53 PM|