Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 12:22 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Cost to dig deck footings

I am looking for contractors to dig and fill the footings for a deck I'm building in the rear of my home. I need 13 12" diameter, 3ft deep holes dug. What is a reasonable cost to have this done. It wasn't part of my original budget but after trying myself, I realized I'll never get it done, so I'm just trying not to get ripped off.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #2
Renovation Contractor

Rewards Points: 150

I think reasonable cost is what the contractor states.

The job is specific to your area and is hard to estimate looking at the screen of my computer. Sounds like you are in a bind because you are unable or unwilling to do the work yourself so now you need to depend on someone who depends on this to run a viable business and feed their family.

Get a couple estimates and see how far apart they are and use your best judgement and resources availible to make an informed decision and hire the contractor of your choice. Remember these people have expensive equuipment to pay for and if they dig by hand the work is not easy as you have determined.

So when you get the numbers from the contractors and you feel that their estimates or bids are too high then jusy go get your digging equipment and get back to work.

Good luck and be safe!

Old 08-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,000

This is a DIY related site and therefore is not the appropriate forum to seek guesstimates for contractors' labor rates.
Closed Thread