Cost Of A Basement??? - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-06-2006, 11:46 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Cost Of A Basement???

To whomever,

Called for several quotes in my area but none will answer any ?s with figures of cost. I even took a deep breath and went to some web sites on free estimates but they want to bid on it and get the job. But I need to get figures together to make sure I can affored the house. I know the price of concrete goes up and down but I would like to still know a rough price. Important issues are quality and price. I would like to know the ROUGH price for a basement that is 80' length *50'width * 9' deep. Some structural notes are its a 2 story residential house. Any other things i should include just let me know?

Advertisement

cloudkicker101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:25 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 580

Cost Of A Basement???

Rock, sand, or dirt? CMU wall, PIP or ICF? There are too many variables to even begin to give an estimate over the internet, so your only option is to utilize a local engineer or designer to give you an estimate. Expect to pay for a realistic estimate, or accept the fact that a free estimate is worth exactly what you (didn't) pay for it.

Advertisement

Tscarborough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 11:11 AM   #3
Contractor

Rewards Points: 75

Cost Of A Basement???

Well actually the price of concrete goes up and up, not up and down.

But seriously, I have a friend who does poured concrete foundations and there are many variables that have to be taken into account.

He has a base price for an 8"X16" footing with an 8" thick 8' tall wall.
Add for 9' wall height
Add for frost footings
Add for 10" thick
Add for 12" thick
Add for brick ledge
Add for door and window openings
Add for garage
Add for slab ledge in garage
Add for porch haunches
Add for pier footings inside basement
Add for pump truck if required
It goes on and on like that, where you are located can make a huge difference in what you will have to pay.

I would talk with someone locally and let them give you a preliminary bid on it. Just bear in mind that pricing in 6 months to a year from know will be higher.

Good luck,

Tom

www.gebcon.com
tgeb is offline   Reply With Quote